23/03/2020 Service – Engineer Site Attendance
It is with much regret we inform you that with immediate effect we will be unable to respond to service calls with on-site attendance by a service technician. This decision has been reached following very careful consideration of the latest H&S advice, and in light of a dramatic reduction in customer demand following similar decisions being reached throughout the Foodservice and Hospitality industries. It is envisaged that this position will be maintained until 30th April 2020 and reviewed again at this time.
We remain available, however, to offer technical advice and support within our usual ‘call avoidance’ activity through telephone, email, and video conference – talk us through the problem and if we can diagnose and fix minor maintenance issues from distance, we will happily assist and guide you through this.
We also continue with provision of spare parts by mail order with next day delivery available, as well as continued equipment supply with available UK stocks.
We apologise for this regrettable course of action; one that we have endeavoured to resist whilst safe and practical to do so, though we arrive at this decision now in the best interests of all concerned. We assure you of our continued commitment to support you, our valued customers, insofar as is humanly possible during this difficult time….
In respect of service support, we will be liaising with specific customer groups as well as broadcasting various general webinars offering free content in the coming days and weeks in respect of numerous topics: maintenance processes and procedures, common operator errors, how to reduce your maintenance costs, maintaining yield performance, cleaning procedure training and much more.
Telephone 01432 346018, or email:
Equipment Enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Service / Technical Queries – email@example.com
Spare Parts – firstname.lastname@example.org
23/03/2020 Update – Carpigiani Gelato University and Customer Meetings
Whilst our programme has not included classroom sessions in the past weeks, in consideration of latest guidelines provided by WHO and Public Health England and the developing picture, we take the regrettable decision to suspend all Gelato University ‘classroom’ courses with immediate effect. All courses due to take place within the end of April ’20 are postponed.
Whilst we will provisionally move attendees to the equivalent dates in May and June, we will reassess this suspension and continue with specific communications with those already booked to rearrange accordingly.
We will also regrettably cease all ‘in-person’ demonstrations and customer meetings from close of business today. We hope that you will understand that this measure is not taken lightly, but with social responsibility, and the best interests in protection of both our staff and customers alike.
We are investing in further video conferencing equipment in our demonstration kitchens which is being enabled right now. We will be unveiling plans for a huge release of free content webinars in support of our customers of today and the future, including GU content, so please look out for future announcements!
We already have excellent video conferencing facilities enabled allowing ‘virtual face-to-face’ meetings to continue with your Carpigiani contact which I’d urge you to utilise, along with the more traditional forms of communication. Let’s make sure we are ready to support each other now, and just as importantly, be ready for the upturn and huge surge of demand that will inevitably follow this difficult period of uncertainty.
We remain available for help, assistance and advice and we continue to support our customers with all services including equipment supply, spares and essential service provision.
18/03/2020 COVID-19 Customer Statement
The impacts to our daily lives and the business ramifications of the COVID-19 outbreak continue to dominate the headlines. We would like to reassure you that Carpigiani UK is continually monitoring developments and following all available advice from the World Health Organisation and Public Health England.
Our focus is in continuing with uninterrupted support of our customers, maintaining consistent supply, whilst protecting the health and safety of all personnel.
We are following the UK government guidelines and will adjust our response accordingly, letting you know if we make changes.
- Carpigiani UK has issued advice to all staff highlighting the importance of good hygiene; in particular hand washing.
- Customer facing technical staff have been given clear guidance in appropriate hygiene procedures whilst attending customer sites including use of sanitiser where appropriate.
- All personnel have been alerted to the symptoms of coronavirus, what to look out for, and to report these immediately within our company policies.
- For your reassurance we confirm that delivery drivers and visitors coming onto our warehousing sites have been asked to confirm that they have not been in high risk areas in the last 14 days. No unscheduled visitors are permitted on Carpigiani UK sites without an appointment.
You should be additionally reassured that all packages leaving our factory in Italy are sanitised at point of despatch, and then handled only by UK based staff on unloading at distribution hubs and our warehouses.
· Running at usual staffing levels, we have spare capacity within our service staffing to allow flexibility of demand at circa 10-15%. Should service staffing levels become restricted due to sickness, or isolation requirements beyond these levels there may be an equivalent impact on service response times. However, current theory suggests that there is likely to be an equal reduction in demand due to restricted trading and customer behaviours – Such disruptions are not evident at this stage.
- We have suspended non-essential business travel. In line with Government advice, colleagues, suppliers and other visitors who have travelled within any of the high-risk areas are not allowed on site. This includes the recently extended zones.
- Travel between customers to undertake deliveries, installation, commissioning and service work remains essential and we will continue to follow government advice. If the situation changes, we will discuss ramifications with customers and how we may best fulfill requirements
- We are not currently facing any shortages on key product lines or spare parts. We have, in fact, anticipated the possibility of disruption and stocked heavily on all main lines of equipment and critical spare parts (+60%). However, as the situation develops, should we experience supply disruption we will keep you informed.
- We will endeavour to import, deliver, install and commission any equipment currently on order, and any future orders wherever possible, whilst maintaining the safety and security of Carpigiani UK employees, our customers, and any third-party suppliers which form part of our supply chain
- We will appreciate your understanding should the delivery, installation or commissioning of your equipment be delayed in any way due to Covid-19 related disruption.
- Please make contact with your Business Development Manager, our Sales Office, or Logistics Department if you would like to discuss any changes to your delivery, installation or commissioning arrangements
- In the event that you have to close your site and you have an order outstanding, please ensure you cancel / postpone outstanding orders in a timely fashion, informing your Carpigiani UK contact.
- In the event that a current customer with our equipment has to temporarily close a site, please contact our Service Department who will issue you with closing down procedural advice.
- We are implementing contingency plans to enable remote working for all office-based staff where possible, whilst maintaining uninterrupted accessibility through all usual forms of communication and maintaining service levels.
Thank you for your ongoing business, cooperation and support during these unprecedented times, and we remain available for any further questions you may have regarding this subject.